Discuss water storage tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malraff

hi

I'm looking for some inspiration for a new house I am building..
basically the house is quite rural and high up in the mountains, hence water pressure isn't great at the best of times. on top of that it can go off completely frequently enough to be an issue with 2 young kids in the house!

The plumber was going to just put in a standard main connection so that all taps/toilets etc feed directly from the mains, but really I think I need a storage tank, but I'm not so fussed on the old storage tank in the attic setup.
Has anyone done any thing different in this regard? eg an underground tank outside with a motor to pressurise the water around the house?

any ideas welcome!

mal

Loads of options including rain water harvesting and under ground storage. Personally I'd have mains, a CWSC and underground if you're that remote.

hi Howsie

so underground storage is a thing? :) , what does cwsc mean?

and the pump to service the house, I assume nothing that powerful would be required for 2300sqft bungalow?

go buy a couple of huge concentrated orange juice containers, come in one size and black in colour. add a pump and filter on your down pipe and run your loos and washing machine off them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water storage tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just recently noticed the overflow has started pouring water out, there are three tanks in the loft and I'm quite sure this is from the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back