Discuss Water pressure to cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

useless

I have a cistern with push button that has been working fine since fitted 3 yrs ago, however, today the cistern is taking ages and ages to fill.

Had a look inside and water pressure entering the cistern is very, very slow, yet the pressure to taps in the house is fine - any suggestions??? When opened the cistern, there appeared to be algae in and tried to clean out as much as possible, but still no joy!!! :confused:

Any assistance gratefully received :) I'm a total broke, novice who tries to undertake work herself..

Last edited by a moderator:
you need to inspect the ball valve as it seems this is blocked up and needs replacing or repair. washers for it are pence from the plumbing merchant so pull the one out from in it and take it to your local plumbing merchant

Hi Tom, thanks for reply, from looking in the cistern it has one of the
new Syphon types - pls note my user name - where is the ball valve on those, I can follow instructions???

no not the syphon thats what flush the pan

Username now noted lol

You probably have a part 4 fill valve, looks like this or similar model, [DLMURL]http://www.plumbers-mate-sales.co.uk/ekmps/shops/plumbersmate/images/fluidmaster_float_valve.jpg[/DLMURL]

This can still be repaired but i would recommend replacing it, you will need some DIY skills though or a plumber

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tom, it does look similar to link, so don't think my diy skills are up to that - plumber then ... but thanks for trying.

I'm not too far from you, Coleshill, but I have a gentleman around the corner who has carried out the occasional job, so going to live with it until next week and ask him to look at along with another job. If he can't then will see if someone on here can. Thanks again.

ahhh coleshill, i know it well

Mormet are up there as well as amber windows

There used to be a decent cavary up there as well for about £3 but i have been for a little while

happy, its a simple enough job if you know what your doing, if he can replace the washer or diapragm then materials cost is pence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water pressure to cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm currently in Ireland and in a small cottage where the plumbing system has me scratching my head a bit. When the place was done up...
Replies
Views
Very little water flow from any ‘hot’ tap in the house i.e. bath tap, bathroom sink tap and kitchen tap; just a slight flow that stops after a...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, having some problems with our boiler/shower etc- any advice very, very gratefully received! Basically the pressure dropped to about 0.4 bar...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
Z
Hi everyone... I'm brand new to the forum, and tbh I don't really understand the layout of the posts. I've searched on here for answers the the...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
J
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to the site and need some help/advice. When our toilet is flushed the water is very slow to fill the cistern up...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock