Discuss Water leaked from tank in the attic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
# 5 Was all this back in 2009 or are you linking a pipe rattle to the ball valve vibrating loose 6yrs later?

The boiler was fitted in 2009 May and the leak happened on 5th June 2009. I'm just asking how common is this to happen. Should he not have checked that the overflow was sufficient to handle the amount of water going into the tank? And should he not have checked that the ball was properly secured in the tank?

no all you asked him to do is change the boiler he wouldnt need to touch the cwsc at all

PLEASE somebody 38.11 this to clear space for Mr Stafford`s next installment of tease.

he did replace the stopcock in the cold water storage container. My question was how frequent does something like this happen? I am telling the complete truth as it happened.

PLEASE somebody 38.11 this to clear space for Mr Stafford`s next installment of tease.

:D that was a good read last night and 38.11 is for gas :D

Last edited:
he did replace the stopcock in the cold water storage container. My question was how frequent does something like this happen? I am telling the complete truth as it happened.

Why are you asking 6yrs later and as said before it is not his fault that your overflow pipe didn`t do it`s job.

The top and bottom of it is that sometimes excrement happens.

Im on with a bathroom. Took the rad off. Cust phoned at 7 last night to say water coming through living room ceiling. The 10mm pipe had pulled out of the manifold under the bedroom floor. Bearing in mind it was soldered and I hadnt been under the bathroom floor to touch anything. Turns out it was poorly done 21 years ago. Excrement happens :)

The top and bottom of it is that sometimes excrement happens.

Im on with a bathroom. Took the rad off. Cust phoned at 7 last night to say water coming through living room ceiling. The 10mm pipe had pulled out of the manifold under the bedroom floor. Bearing in mind it was soldered and I hadnt been under the bathroom floor to touch anything. Turns out it was poorly done 21 years ago. Excrement happens :)

same old same old you were here last must be your fault

I find the plumbing community online huddling together and saying it wasn't his fault. The reason I am asking is for my knowledge of the event maybe I was badly treated and should I have done something differently. It was a Victorian house in London three floors were damaged and the stress on the family was very difficult to handle afterwards for 4 months until the repairs were completed.

same old same old you were here last must be your fault

Thats why I have the 'no guarantee of existing pipework' on my estimates.

But aye, love the, well it was working before you touched it. First rule of servicing, turn it on.

I find the plumbing community online huddling together and saying it wasn't his fault. The reason I am asking is for my knowledge of the event maybe I was badly treated and should I have done something differently. It was a Victorian house in London three floors were damaged and the stress on the family was very difficult to handle afterwards for 4 months until the repairs were completed.

not huddling together if he didnt fit or fix it or touch it (the ball valve that is , its not his fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water leaked from tank in the attic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water, so we have the main water tank in the airing cupboard, plus a small pressurised (I think) tank. The...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock