Discuss Water leaked from tank in the attic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it all happened the weekend after the boiler was installed.

unless it was the f and e tank or he changed the ball valve in the cwsc tank not his fault

It's not his fault your cold water storage cistern had a dodgy overflow pipe. How on earth would he know that? It's like having a wheel bearing done then blaming the garage you got a puncture. It's not related

Post 9 Shaun?

so its only just leaked now ?????? i thought he was just asking now and it leaked back then , lol its getting complicated now :D

# 5 No the job was completed end of May 2009 and the leak happened first Saturday June 2009. The pipe rattle was so loud it must have had an effect on the vibration throughout the whole network of pipes. Without this I can't see how the ball would have come off. The nut was not tightened against the ball is the only way this can come undone.

# 11 unless it was the f and e tank or he changed the ball valve in the cwsc tank not his fault I don't understand the f and the e tank?

# 5 No the job was completed end of May 2009 and the leak happened first Saturday June 2009. The pipe rattle was so loud it must have had an effect on the vibration throughout the whole network of pipes. Without this I can't see how the ball would have come off. The nut was not tightened against the ball is the only way this can come undone.

# 11 unless it was the f and e tank or he changed the ball valve in the cwsc tank not his fault I don't understand the f and the e tank?

put it this way its not his fault

got there in the end :D

Last edited:
# 5 Was all this back in 2009 or are you linking a pipe rattle to the ball valve vibrating loose 6yrs later?

The boiler was fitted in 2009 May and the leak happened on 5th June 2009. I'm just asking how common is this to happen. Should he not have checked that the overflow was sufficient to handle the amount of water going into the tank? And should he not have checked that the ball was properly secured in the tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water leaked from tank in the attic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water, so we have the main water tank in the airing cupboard, plus a small pressurised (I think) tank. The...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock