Discuss Washing machine outlet hose smaller than normal size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
European size or something?
Anyway previous plumber had managed to squeeze 5mm onto the trap spigot and jubilee clipped it's brains out. Hung on for a month and then popped off.
Not seen this before so don't know if what I did would be considered a temp or permanent fix. I left her to do "a lot" of washing yesterday and not heard back so that's at least promising.
I used the end of this smaller than normal outlet hose as a spigot and pushed it into a normal hose end and secured that with a jubilee clip. Then just ran standard hose to original spigot on trap. Felt tight as anything and looked a good seal, not distorted. Even if it worked I can't imagine that's the official method. Any thoughts?

Not come across that before. I might have replaced the whole hose from the washing machine pump, would have had to take old one off though and take to washing machine spares shop (luckily I have one about a mile from where I live)
But if it works then it doesn't need fixing ;)

can you get a bit of 15mm pipe in? what about 15mm to 22mm to 22mm/ 3/4 female comp onto spigot thread on waste trap

I had same problem last year and done exactly what you did and havnt heard anything so must have worked

can you get a bit of 15mm pipe in?

Yeah I thought of that too. 15mm pipe was too small in the hose, 22mm wouldn't squeeze in. Must be foreign size. Probably are adaptors you can get somewhere.

I had same problem last year and done exactly what you did and havnt heard anything so must have worked

Good to know! She was off on holiday and going to wash everything she owned that evening and I've not heard back. Still seems a bodge though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing machine outlet hose smaller than normal size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I rent an apartment in Santiago, Chile where the water is very hard. For the last few years, I've been using the building's laundry on the ground...
Replies
Views
Have recently had a new sink fitted. The trap (is that the right word?) underneath the old sink allowed for connections from the waste outlets on...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m new to this site but hoping someone can throw some light on a difficult problem on kitchen drainage. This is in my father-in-law’s 4th...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a washing machine that is too far from the waste connection so I'm trying to use an extension. I'll map out what I have so far...
Replies
Views
I feel like a right plonker and hoping for some help! I have a new Miele washing machine, it was plumbed into a standpipe but the standpipe was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock