Discuss Was He Right To Disconnect Our Cooker?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
those of you that wanted an update,i was told the company i had it from couldnt do anythink so ive phoned swan and had then send out another engineer to look at it or i could of payed for one myself to get a report and proof of the leak being inside the cooker to he's coming out on tuesday fingers crossed!! thanks again people :)

Birmingham?
im waiting them to ring me back first apparently there ment to be picking it up but this is the first i've heard of it so im baffled.

are you not sure? haha, i asked where you were cause you were hoping to get a freebie fit, but im just outside Glasgow so its a wee bit far for me, hope you get it sorted

those of you that wanted an update,i was told the company i had it from couldnt do anythink so ive phoned swan and had then send out another engineer to look at it or i could of payed for one myself to get a report and proof of the leak being inside the cooker to he's coming out on tuesday fingers crossed!! thanks again people :)

This is absolute bull*** - ther company who provided the product to you is legally reposinible for it. Thet are just trying to fob you off. You should get the mananger of this company, and demand he supply and fit a new replacement, as the cooker they sold you isn't ' fit for purpose' and as such not do so violates you consumer rights.

I would instruct the manager that unless either does this, or gives you a full refund you will be sending them a small claims summons for the price of the cooker, plus the summons, plus the gas engineers costs plus compensation! Jump up and down and don't let them off the hook here.

If you really want to stick it to them, go into the store directly tommorrow on the busiest day, call the manager out and make a real fuss about it so all their customers can see. Refuse to leave the store unless they sort you out!

Firstly this has to be less stress than trying to sort it yourself, and secondly it will be really satisfying. Take someone with you, if you are pregnant they womnt be able to ignore your plight!!

Good luck!

think i would be on to them straight away as when tues comes and he deosnt do owt then its nearly xmas and you might no have a cooker id be on to them everyday carnt believe a company would be so complasent with gas and a normal everyday customer who doesnt no about gas not an engineer

okay so i have been on to the company and re explained everythink to then ild told them it's been capped off and that, they said okay well send some one out to you they even phoned me back and re checked all the info was correct and the guy got here and said he couldnt do anythink because there isnt a pipe connected to the wall to go in to the cooker called a safety valve or somethink GRRrr!! how much will it cost to get one of these fitted? please

the engineer that disconnected the cooker has nicked your bayonet fitting which costs 5 0r 10 pounds max

well it depends what engineers charge but the engineer did not have to remove it in the first place as it is a self sealing valve

I know thats what the guy said i don't see why the company's engineer didnt tell me this the first time round, it's just a flippin head ache.
i told u i have no luck lol

contact the firm who disconnected the fitting and demand they come back andd refit it as per the gas regs, as there was no need to disconnect it, someone need to do a wee bit of PR for you here and get this problem sorted, everyone seems to be blaming everyone else rather than just fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Was He Right To Disconnect Our Cooker?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
P
So, we were quoted for a Baxi boiler by a local boiler man. He came out and installed a Main. He said it's a Baxi. It's not what we were quoted...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock