Search the forum,

Discuss Vokera head scratcher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamM

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Called to an 18 month old Vision 30C earlier with poor hot water. Hot water luke warm at best showing a max of 35 deg on boiler display. If slow tap to little more than a trickle the temp gets up around 60 deg eventually. No issues with heating.
Boiler fitted to an old back boiler heating system and central heating water appears clean.
To rule out div valve I isolated flow/return. Gas rate, combustion etc is spot on.
Was thinking towards a blockage of some sort.
Boiler is in warranty and will be passed to Vokera anyway.
Any thought?

What's the flow rate through the tap your testing the temp at and what is the incoming cold main temp?

Restricted it down to 10 L/min flow and it is tepid water. Turn tap down to about 2 L/min and it is hot.

could be debris in plate exchanger resulting in v. slow transfer of heat.
could be super fast forming scale in plate exchanger.
could be divertor valve not operating properly.
check ch flow pipe while hot water running if its really hot that would indicate a faulty divertor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera head scratcher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
I have a Vokera Vision 30C and when using a tap 3 ft from the boiler I can see the temp of the hot water in the boiler display. Most times it is less than 30 degC and the boiler takes maybe 30 seconds to heat the water. I have pre heat enabled, P shown in the display, but the water is never at...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock