Search the forum,

Discuss Vokera Compact 29 HE won't ignite without the case cover seal removed....? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had one exactly like this the other day, slid fan out took out venturies and washed them out. Boiler fired first time

I had one too. Fitted new venturis as they are updated and now plastic and resist scaling. Cost about ÂŁ15 for the set. Couldn't be arsed to take the old ones out and clean them to find they still wouldn't work.

if they are like the plastic ferolli ones dont touch them in 3 years time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Will be my first port of call on monday morning! Now I remember why I don't do repairs much lol
give me back to back installs any day!!

As a sidenote, what if cleaning the venturi makes sod all difference?! Replace them or new fan time...?

Meant to add. The flue is standard length, horizontal run through single skin wall. its totally clear inside and not part of the problem.

When your finished check fga ? Co 1790ppm cap off and F off! Last repair I did was a Friday 19.30 pishing it down and custard watching ...... Ahh looks good I'll just test....... Beep beeep beep beep high co!!!! Doh. Retest and checked flue. Left running for 5 mins on full pelt .... They have a logic + now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers chaps. Yes ermintrude, good idea re FGA test. Will stick one on it as soon as it's working properly.
I've basically got to fix it or I cant get paid out for the APS and time so far though lol

I'm sure it's fan related, or venturi...

the flame picture is perfect when its actually running, I would be most surprised if its PPM is over limits....

Venturi, BTW DONT remove the fan completely to fit slide forward 3inch and you can get into the back nut

Flame picture may look beauriful. When running with case off did flame pulse?? If so better get the ID stickers ready.

Flame picture may look beauriful. When running with case off did flame pulse?? If so better get the ID stickers ready.

It didn't pulse during the time I was watching it, but I will make sure on Monday!
Thanks Vern, I will remember that advice mate :)

It didn't pulse during the time I was watching it, but I will make sure on Monday!
Thanks Vern, I will remember that advice mate :)
Just slacken flue clamp off, take out 3 screws on combustion hood, pull forward just enough, BTW 3rd screw is at the back center

It is pretty much guaranteed to be the venturi on this boiler, a quick clean and it will be good to go.

MFGS spot on. Loads of vokera breakdowns are just the venturi. This sounds very like a venturi. Same as if fan and pump on and no ignition (still on green), blocked venturi, Had a high co reading on one, blocked venturi. Really common problem on these. Easy fix though. stick a small screwdriver in so you dont drop it. Never mind with the new plastic one, old ones clean up great and i have never been called back yet.

I've had this on a vokera and it was the fan, removed it, cleaned all the vanes which had gummed up and become heavy therefore not turning at full speed. Refit and it fired instantly.

Just to be clear, you cannot clean these from the front as ther are a t shape

Not an He but on the SE vokera compacts you can't buy the venturi separate,it comes with the fan...so vokera said.

Thanks guys. Well, it was the venturi!!
We were going to remove the fan to clean it, and it seemed a right ballache with the condensing assembly needing disconnecting to remove the whole top half of the assembly. (and then the boiler needing isolating and draining down ... leading to possibly leaky isos etc) .

Next on the list we tried to undo the 4 screws underneath the fan (tight in above the heat exchanger). Try as we might there was no way the back two were coming out even with a small ratchet driver.

So I ended up blowing through the venturis using some ugauge tube, and then I got a small tie wrap (actually I sliced a big on in half, lengthways) and used this to clean the L shaped venturi.

it worked a treat and went right around the corner and after that I blasted them through with a bit of air again to be sure.

Bolted it back up and she fired up a treat, and ran pefectly!!! RESULT.

Not heard anything back from the custard so it's still working perfectly (they WOULD have rung back..!)

So big thanks to all those who helped out with this bugger, and hopefully this thread will help someone out in the some boat at some point :)
cheers

To get the fan out to clean the venturi, you just need to unscrew the flue hood on top of the burner and slide that out with the fan attached to it. Only need to slide it out about 3-4 inches to be able to get at the venturi. No need for a drain down and no way were you ever going to get at those screws under the fan in the flue hood with it still in place.

To get the fan out to clean the venturi, you just need to unscrew the flue hood on top of the burner and slide that out with the fan attached to it. Only need to slide it out about 3-4 inches to be able to get at the venturi. No need for a drain down and no way were you ever going to get at those screws under the fan in the flue hood with it still in place.

Im pretty sure we tried every possible combination, probably except this lol
Vokeras instructions about fan removal were very poorly written so cheers for the heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera Compact 29 HE won't ignite without the case cover seal removed....? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock