Search the forum,

Discuss Villeroy & Boch Subway Back To Wall Close Coupled Pan & Cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ILK

Hi,

Would someone be able to advise me on the fitting of a Villeroy & Boch Subway Back To Wall Close Coupled Pan & Cistern?

I have fitted several Close Coupled BTW WC's before and all have involved securing the cistern to the wall. The V&B BTW cistern does not have any holes to fix the cistern to the wall. On closer inspection V&B market the WC as 'Floor Standing, Back to Wall' and recommend that there is a gap of 10mm between the wall and the WC/Cistern. I can't get my head round the reason for this 10mm gap. The cistern does fit nicely and securely to the WC but why a gap? It kind of defeats the true meaning of the term 'Back to Wall'.

Has anyone out there experienced this same issue or has an explanation? V&B don't seem to have a technical help line like most of the british brands so thought I would try this forum to seek an explanation. The V&B article code for the WC is 6610.10 and for the cistern it is 7723.11.

Many Thanks in anticipation of an explanation.

Ian.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-03 at 20.30.51.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-03 at 20.30.51.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 52
As its a close coupled pan I suspect there are several likely reasons for the gap.
1st your floor may not be perfectly perpendicular to the wall fixing the cistern too the wall would potentially put undue strain on the ceramic
2nd as condensation often forms on the ceramic of the cistern due to the initialy colder temperature of the stored cold water compared to the warm and humid room. Leaving the gap allows the condensation to form and evaporate off without soaking your wall.

I habe fitted a lot of these.
just put a couple of spots of silicone behind the cistern, this will stop it from rattling against the wall.
most European cisterns are not fitted to the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Villeroy & Boch Subway Back To Wall Close Coupled Pan & Cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Any ideas on the a decent flush to wall close coupled toilet/brand? Should I just go for Victoria Plumb Orchard brand? Just to clarify I'm not looking for a btw type with a hidden cistern. I'm looking for a flush to wall close coupled loo i.e.so you cant see soil pipe/so theres no open back/no...
Replies
Views
P
Our builder set up the soil pipe and supply for the closed couple toilet but says it's actually impossible to connect to the wall securely (ie he says he can't get bolts in). It's silicone'd to the floor which he is claiming is fine. Is this right? There must be a way even if in means breaking...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build boxing to be able to fit the toilet to the wall (this will hold the concealed cistern). I bought a flexi 90deg pan connector for back-to-wall...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi there, The issue that I am having is I am building a new house and the plumbers are absolutely hopeless. Being an industrial plumber and spending 8 months on new houses during my apprenticeship. I have a more brighter idea than these fella's. From issues during rough-in-stage pipe being...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock