Search the forum,

Discuss Very slow water meter movement no leak to be found in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi All

I am hoping you can give me a bit of advice. I recently noticed my stop tap is very tight, so I tested the tap out in the road. All ok and stopped water supply. However I noticed the 0.0001 dial was moving every so slowly when tap was back on, I guess many would have missed it. I have managed to turn the stopcock off (with a spanner) to isolate the under slab pipe, no movement on the meter so that brings me to internal leaks. I have done all of the following and still the 0.0001 dial moves ever so slowly:-

Changed tap valves in leaking kitchen taps
Changed flush and filler valve in old school toilet as the old one drop fed the cistern after the main refill
Isolated cold water supply to Megaflo unvented cylinder to isolate whole hot water system
Turned off other appliances at isolator valves

I am at a loss of where this "leak" is it is a little movement on the meter normal? On monitoring it moves say 600ml to 1 litre overnight.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Very slow water meter movement no leak to be found in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I cannot isolate my toilet water supply for a quick-fix, as the valve/tap is buried beneath tiling by whoever built the place. All other taps in the flat just isolate the kitchen. Is the green switch next to my water meter in this blurry photo a stopcock? It is underwater because there seems...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if the turn the tap fully on the noise stops. I have replaced the flexible hoses to both taps and fitted in-line isolation valves. The noise is now...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our property, and the property itself. The water company fitted a new (smart) meter about 4 weeks ago. Now they have contacted us saying we have a leak...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock