Discuss Vertical radiator problem in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a vertical radiator with 5 sections. Four of the sections warm up ok but the fifth remains cold. The problem section is the end section on the left, the hot water flows in from the right. I have removed and flushed the radiator with no success. Any suggestions welcome.

has it ever worked if not have you fitted it the right way round some have a small dimple to let you know that that is the bottom of the rad,

has it ever worked if not have you fitted it the right way round some have a small dimple to let you know that that is the bottom of the rad,
It has never worked since I bought the house earlier this year. I will check for for a dimple or some indicator of the bottom when I return home on Monday.

Many of these rads have a baffle fitted in them so it can be critical to fit flow to correct tapping.
I've also seen them fitted up side down.!

Can you photograph the rad do you know the make also
Please see photos attached. Sorry I do not know the make. There are 2 tappings at the top of the rad, one used for the bleed valve; could these indicate the rad is upside down?
20201206_200558_resized.jpg
20201206_181134_resized.jpg

Removed the rad yesterday. The baffle was located at the top which I guess confirms it had been fitted upside down. I reconfigured the rad, adjusted the wall brackets and it's now working fine. Thanks for your help.

Reply to Vertical radiator problem in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Could someone help with a issue I have been having with my vertical radiator. I have one vertical radiator in my bungalow and it does not...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, I have bought a new radiator as replacement for old one. After installation by plumber, the new radiator is heating up only to 1/3...
Replies
Views
I am after an advice, please. We have a vertical radiator from Reina, Evie, that heats up only 2nd column fully, 1,3 and 4 are lukewarm. I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock