Search the forum,

Discuss Vertical radiator not heating up in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. Could someone help with a issue I have been having with my vertical radiator. I have one vertical radiator in my bungalow and it does not heat up unless the surrounding radiators are shut off. I have tried turning the surrounding radiators down but the have to be completely or very nearly off for the vertical one to heat, leaving the surrounding areas cold

Any suggestions on house to address this issue?

Many thanks
Paul

Have you tried balancing the other radiators?

Yes the rest of the radiators are working fine. Just the one vertical
I have a similar problem. Have fitted four verticals (1.6m x 0.5m) with two in one room on same run. Can only ever get one of the two hot and if I adjust them the hot one goes cold and the cold one hot!

Am thinking of increasing some of the pipework to 22mm with just 15mm spurs to the actual rads. Would this make any difference?

I have a similar problem. Have fitted four verticals (1.6m x 0.5m) with two in one room on same run. Can only ever get one of the two hot and if I adjust them the hot one goes cold and the cold one hot!

Am thinking of increasing some of the pipework to 22mm with just 15mm spurs to the actual rads. Would this make any difference?

What’s the existing pipework ?

What’s the existing pipework ?
Hi, Sorry for delay but decided to draw a plan of layout. From Boiler it's 28mm running into 22mm down centre of property (all on one level). Then into 15mm for feeds to rads. Originally in lounge there was just one radiator behind hall wall. I replaced with two vertical rads the furthest of which is about 8m from 22/15mm transition. Its this run I am thinking of increasing to 22mm.

Attachments

• Heating System.pdf
    182.5 KB · Views: 8
So the longe two don’t heat up what about the utility one on the same run ?

Only one of the two in the lounge heat up significantly (the other gets mildly warm). The utility one seems to heat up ok but this not a vertical radiator.

So both lounges eg back to back have issues ?

And the flow and return go into the correct port of the rad as it matters on
Verticals

So both lounges eg back to back have issues ?

And the flow and return go into the correct port of the rad as it matters on
Verticals
To be clear, we only have one lounge and it has two vertical radiators. I seem unable to get both radiators to heat up sufficiently. If I close down very slightly the hot one, then it goes just warm and the other radiator which was previously warm gets hot. So never are both at the full level of heat.

Yes they are conected the right way. They had 'in' and 'out' stickers when purchased.

Reply to Vertical radiator not heating up in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock