Search the forum,

Discuss Vertical radiator not heating up fully in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am after an advice, please.
We have a vertical radiator from Reina, Evie, that heats up only 2nd column fully, 1,3 and 4 are lukewarm. I borrowed a thermal camera and attached is the thermal image.
System is balanced, there doesn't seem to be air coming out of the bleeding valve and was wondering if there is any obvious issue that I should be looking at?
DIY-er not professional.

Attachments

• reina-evie-aluminium-designer_radiator.jpg
    reina-evie-aluminium-designer_radiator.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 8
  • FLIR_20231127_020511_551.jpg
    FLIR_20231127_020511_551.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • FLIR_20231127_020511_5512.jpg
    FLIR_20231127_020511_5512.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
When you say there doesn't seem to be air coming from the bleed valve, presumably water comes out of it when you open it? It's not blocked?
I don't think there is a baffle in this particular Reina rad, which could otherwise explain the situation if the rad was the wrong way round or wrong way up! There's no mention of one in any of the documentation.
What happens if you open both valves fully (or is that already the case?)

When you say there doesn't seem to be air coming from the bleed valve, presumably water comes out of it when you open it? It's not blocked?
I don't think there is a baffle in this particular Reina rad, which could otherwise explain the situation if the rad was the wrong way round or wrong way up! There's no mention of one in any of the documentation.
What happens if you open both valves fully (or is that already the case?)
Water comes out when bleeding the radiator - yes.

And both valves are fully open, but that didn't make a difference.

It is buffling that its the second column getting warmer, rather than the first one. Could it be if it is upside down, and water is suppose to go up the first than down the second thats why only this one is hot?

Water comes out when bleeding the radiator - yes.

And both valves are fully open, but that didn't make a difference.

It is buffling that its the second column getting warmer, rather than the first one. Could it be if it is upside down, and water is suppose to go up the first than down the second thats why only this one is hot?
If you look around the interweb there are lots of discussions about the effectiveness (or not) of these tall rads, and the issue of an internal baffle not being fitted.
A similar style of radiator by Milano has an optional baffle accessory that can be retro fitted. The dimensions look as if it would force water up say the first two columns.
It seems Reina do not sell such as accessory for their rads, though I guess you could try one of these, as long as the disc doesn't get stuck inside the rad in the wrong place!

Have you tried measuring the delta T across the radiator, which if very small might indicate most water is simply passing through from one side to the other? If it's not small perhaps your rad's behaviour is 'normal'

It would be a bit of a pain to do, but you could close both rad valves, let some water out of the rad, remove the top bung one side, and bleed valve the other, and see if there is anything in between them such as a baffle etc.

Since there is no mention of such a thing by Reina, and apparently no labelling of flow or return, I suspect there isn't one.

Reply to Vertical radiator not heating up fully in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock