Discuss ventilation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pauls

a regular customer has asked me to fit a new flueless gas fire :eek: i dont want to fit it but i feel my hands are a bit tied if you know what i mean, i get a fair bit of work from him.

my question is the ventilation i know is 100cm sq its the path i cant vent it between 2 rooms or it will need ducting the only place to put in ventilation is on the same wall as the fire will go is it fine to put on same wall.

ive looked in viper book the description is not great and the picture of locations looks as if i can do it but i think its deciving.

go by mi,s do a search on here on flueless you will s***yourself

ive read the MI's and they just specifiy 100cm sq dont mention about positioning it on same wall as appliance.

ive read the thread on flueless fires and dont want to fit it but feel my hands are tied as he is a good customer and pays well

follow the MIs to the T and you cant go wrong, vent normally no closer than 1m to fire, position vent so as not to cause a draught thro' the room. If you think a flueless fire is similar to a large gas hob, how many of those go killing the chef? youll worry a bit less.

cheers fellas

thinking of it as a gas hob does actually make me feel better lol.

lol got one to do possible this weekend flueless stove !

just working out a price for customer!

had spoken to customer tonight made them know that they have to have a CO alarm in order for me to do the job !

so pauls you might want to ask your customer to ,and it will make you sleep better !

its nothing like a gas hob,whatever you do follow mi,s ,DO A GAS RATE,FGA it and bear this in mind as i have posted before 9 OUT OF 10 i have fitted failed both GAS RATING and FGA and were classes as ID and made safe, manufactures problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Will fit one tomorrow , will fit to mi. Gas rate it low flame burner pressure adjust , high flame burner pressure adjust ! FGA reed CO level standing on the sofa about 2m away from stove and attach to cp12! Plus I am picking up two CO alarms to fit one over the sofa about 1.8 m high and other in reception room as they have one of them flueless gas stove !vent is 100 mm as per manufacture ! Have allready spoke to customer and made them WELL aware of how to avoid co toxicating them self!

Last edited:
have you also measured the room and checked against mi and checked there's a rad in the room? cover your self back wards

yep its a big living room well over the requested 30m cube by manifacter, with exst at the back !have a big rad as they know that this is not a first or second source of heat and is only for decoration !
did not want to do the job but as i am in college doing my change over to industrial have not earned much for the last 3 weeks had to take it so to cover some daily cost !
will fit and commission the flueless stove if it fail it is going to stay cold for long time if it pass then it will be down to the Irish family how often to fire it up !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ventilation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back