Discuss Vaillant "Service Heat Generator" Message in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus combi boiler that was installed just over 6 years ago. It has been serviced annually, the most recent service being about 2 months ago. The controller is a Vaillant VRT 350f wireless type. Recently a spanner symbol and a “Service Heat Generator” message have appeared on the controller screen (but not on the boiler itself). Otherwise everything appears to be working normally. I am guessing this is some sort of counter in the boiler that is intended to indicate when a service is due. How can I reset this (or do whatever is required to remove the message on the controller)?

It will tell you in the manual but you are correct, it is either a count down in hours or days or it is date set.
It will be in diagnostics menu.
I had a look at D.084 (Maintenance indicator: number of hours until next maintenance). It was set to "---" (i.e. deactivated. I tried setting it to a value (which made no difference) and then put i back to "---" The controller still shows the spanner message.

I had a look at D.084 (Maintenance indicator: number of hours until next maintenance). It was set to "---" (i.e. deactivated. I tried setting it to a value (which made no difference) and then put i back to "---" The controller still shows the spanner message.
It’s not done via the boiler, but at your vrt350f. I think @Last Plumber was referring to the vrt manual. It’s under the settings, and an access code required, which iirc is 0000 or 1234.

Update: I discovered the relevant setting is in the VRT350 installer level menu. The service date was set to today (I've no idea who did that). I just set a new date next year, and that fixed it.

Reply to Vaillant "Service Heat Generator" Message in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hi We've got a Vaillant ecotec plus 428 that doesn't seem to want to supply any heat to the radiators despite the hot water working just fine...
Replies
Views
10 months ago had a new Glow-Worm gas boiler installed in our bungalow. It failed nearly a month ago when a gasket internally in the HW feed cct...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
D
Hello all! We recently had a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 832 installed, along with a Vaillant VRT 350f controller! I use Auto mode, and set the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock