Search the forum,

Discuss Bad Warranty Service in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

10 months ago had a new Glow-Worm gas boiler installed in our bungalow.

It failed nearly a month ago when a gasket internally in the HW feed cct to internal pump that appears to have been installed out of position leaked water over the pump and main electronics board and through the bathroom ceiling. I had to pierce the ceiling to localise the water, drain it and stop it from being brought down.

This leak smoked the pump, but after replacing the trip seemingly the main electric from panel inside the boiler under the leak area at least from its panel indication still powered up, with a pump error message.

Installing company prevented by warranty from acting directly managed to get a very stroppy Vaillant liveried engineer to site one week later, who dismantled it, decided what parts it needed, then spent over half an hour hanging on his "internal" contact number queue before being able to leave his requirements. (He said it was always that bad!)

Then.........nothing.

Installing company contacted Glow-Worm UK Headquarters and after a 57 minute queue time were told that there were no parts in the country, they would have to come from Germany.

Then........nothing.

So, we have been without heat for near a month, and no indication of when a fix will occur.

I strongly suggest that if you need a CH Boiler, you do NOT buy from Glow-Worm/Vaillant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get gloworm to send you a whole new boiler if no parts available

As Shaun,
If it was my own boiler and parts weren't fitted and the boiler working within 7 days by Vaillant, I'd be on the phone at least twice a day demanding a replacement new boiler or similar new model to be fitted at no cost to me.

But, I'd bet there are parts stockists within the U.K with the parts on the shelf, but Vaillant won't / can't use them.

And yes parts for lots of products are in short supply Worldwide.
Car insurance companies are writing off damaged cars when parts are on back order with no delivery date, when normally they'd be repaired and that's in part what's caused the massive increase in car thefts.
So watch out, they'll be stealing boilers for parts next.

Thanks for reply Guys.

Its hard to see how to get anywhere when the company fail (or it seems increasingly more like, refuse) to communicate, and it requires extended time hanging on a queue line to get minimal information and subsequentally no action.

They have claimed that we are not contactable. They have both my wife and my mobile numbers, both of which have working Voicemail (checked). They have working EMail addresses for both of us. These paths are constantly in use, proven working, methods. In the case of EMail we have been checking Spam etc folders, etc. They have made NO contact.

They have the installing companies contact details. They were contactable over the complete Christmas period. They have not been contacted back once either, the only contact has been from them to Glow-Worm/Vaillant after extended queuing, to no progress.

This is for a product only a few months from being installed new.

We are not youthful, I have been retired 22 years. They have left us with a home that is at best uncomfortably and unhealthily cold, at risk from freezing pipe damage, and seem not to care.

Reply to Bad Warranty Service in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock