Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Ectec 824 flow restrictor? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Fitting one today and its only letting 7.8 LPM through
I know its only a 24kw but its a bit pants

Is there a flow restrictor that can be removed or changed? I cant see anything in the MI's about it

It only shows a filter on the incoming cold in the MIs
No mention of a restrictor, cheers though:95:

I will try that tomorrow, ran out of time today.

Its about 10 lpm with a flowcup so not great but better than the hot
Its a combi swap from an old 24kw Worcester.
I measured the cold flow when quoting but never tried the hot so it might have always been crappy

I will give vaillant a call in the morning and see if there is a restrictor

Check filter first, could be resistance of boiler even if only 10 lpm. At least it will be a hot 7 lpm :)

Its an older house
I advised they need a new stopcock, they have two that dont work and probably causing the low flow

Am I being thick here, but iff youve only got 10 on the cold, your not going to get 10 out with restrictions. 7 sounds about right for the conditions. There's a lot of restrictions through the boiler, specially the hex.

Vaillant ecotec 824 will only give you 8:2 l/p/m @ 42*c rise so it's not a million miles out, you could confirm this in d36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Ectec 824 flow restrictor? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, First post, be gentle! Anyway, here's my issue. I have a Roca The Gap D-Trit close-couple toilet with integrated macerator in my secondary...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock