Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Ecotec Plus 837 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mad_angler1

Hi guys, just after some advice, iv got a 2008 Vaillant Ecotec Plus 837 that fine but its coming off the wall to be moved to another part of the room, I'm moving it next week (got GS guy doing the gas & flue im doing everything else)

iv been told that the 2 rubber hoses are common to split on these causing major damage, is it worth me replacing them with the copper ones whilst its down, i believe both part numbers are 0020068957 & 0020068958

how common is it ?

I had two EcoTECs in three weeks last winter with expensive damage (blown PCBs) as a result of the pipes bursting. I'd change them.

Terrible design, either burst or block up. Definitely change them

Thanks guys for the advice, will order tomorrow as its just not worth the risk.

Ouch roughly ÂŁ120 for both though, bit hard to swallow especially when its preventative rather than repairing and its a known issue

Oh well I should know how these things work working for one of the big white goods manufactures, the stuff we should recall that known problems people end up paying out for is just wrong

Seems to be the way of things now, unless its a fire risk or danger to life they don't care.

Got a quick question before my fitter arrives, got the pipes today, I noticed as per the parts list the rh new pipe has a place for pressure sensor, its got a brass stop in it, I take it this is just left, also I take it the NTC just swaps over ?

Thank.

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/8668/ or Redsaw - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/2718/ who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competetence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Ecotec Plus 837 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 838. The issue i have is after the heating is switched on and then left it to cool over night i see the pressure has gone up. For example yesterday it was set at 1.3 heating was switched on and when it reached its temp it went upto 1.9 so no issues...
Replies
Views
Hi We've got a Vaillant ecotec plus 428 that doesn't seem to want to supply any heat to the radiators despite the hot water working just fine. Of some importance (I think) is that there is no radiator symbol displayed on the boiler screen, only a tap. We have a wireless thermostat (Altech...
Replies
Views
Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 400 15kW Heat Only Boiler I've got air in the pump and one gas engineer has said I need to move the pipes as they are configured incorrectly. Another said all I need to do is add an AAV as high as possible. Another said I should seal the system. Boiler was installed in...
Replies
Views
Vaillant ecoTec plus 637 and gledhill 250 indirect tank control options Hi, I am in the process of renovating an old farm house. I have been advised to have installed the Vaillant ecoTec plus 637 system boiler with a gledhill 250l indirect tank. I met with the heating engineers yesterday as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock