Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant EcoTEC control panel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the front control panel, below the boiler rest button, is a small plastic cover with what appears to be a comms socket behind. This is missing on my friends boiler and they have been told not to use the it. Is this not just a cover or does it really affect the boiler.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi Scott, as it's not a tight fit, so not sure if it would be a seal if that makes sense. I'm sure it's just a small plastic cover, but as a result the boiler has been condemed and it seems the part is unavailable. It's only around 14 months old and it seems just too stupid for words to say it cannot be used due to a small bit of plastic missing off the control panel

Any chance of a pic ?

IMG_20171208_124903.jpg
Any chance of a pic ?
Hi
This is a pic of one that is on my boiler and is complete. It is the rectangular piece below the grey round reset button that is missing on thiers. Their boiler is near the same as mine. Hope this helps

Phone vaillant up they should be able to supply the part

This has been solved now.
As it was a council property there wasn't a lot we could do. However, the gas engineer went to another council property, that has had the same boiler installed last week, and took the plastic cover off of that one. Boiler no longer condemned

If the plastic cover can be removed without the use of tools then it can't be a safety critical item.

However as it's a Landlord's Property then they may have their own rules about what can and can't be left exposed for a Tennant

Did he then condemn the one he took the plastic cover off :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant EcoTEC control panel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd...
Replies
Views
Got a replacement combination boiler, less that 1 year old. Noticed some water from the connection pictured. Can't see what is it from the...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock