Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant EcoTEC control panel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the front control panel, below the boiler rest button, is a small plastic cover with what appears to be a comms socket behind. This is missing on my friends boiler and they have been told not to use the it. Is this not just a cover or does it really affect the boiler.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi Scott, as it's not a tight fit, so not sure if it would be a seal if that makes sense. I'm sure it's just a small plastic cover, but as a result the boiler has been condemed and it seems the part is unavailable. It's only around 14 months old and it seems just too stupid for words to say it cannot be used due to a small bit of plastic missing off the control panel

Any chance of a pic ?

IMG_20171208_124903.jpg
Any chance of a pic ?
Hi
This is a pic of one that is on my boiler and is complete. It is the rectangular piece below the grey round reset button that is missing on thiers. Their boiler is near the same as mine. Hope this helps

Phone vaillant up they should be able to supply the part

This has been solved now.
As it was a council property there wasn't a lot we could do. However, the gas engineer went to another council property, that has had the same boiler installed last week, and took the plastic cover off of that one. Boiler no longer condemned

If the plastic cover can be removed without the use of tools then it can't be a safety critical item.

However as it's a Landlord's Property then they may have their own rules about what can and can't be left exposed for a Tennant

Did he then condemn the one he took the plastic cover off :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant EcoTEC control panel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock