Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecotec 837 hot water problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Aire

Hi guys, currently at the above boiler with no hot water. Plate gets hot so preheat is working but when I open a hot tap nothing happens, no tap symbol or anything.

The customer did say that when they was having some ground works done and the mains was accidentally cut and a fair bit of sand and much got flushed into the system and hot water hasn't worked since.

Any ideas?

Flow switch ?

If you get no tap symbol it’s not sending the flow

Managed to get a signal and ran though it with technical and they reccomended flow sensor. Which when you think about it makes sense, Shaun said, no tap symbol so it's not picking up demand is required.

I really need to get myself on a few installer courses, I did strip the flow sensor initially and tried to clean it but then spent another 2 hours stripping the diverter and cleaning the plate just in case any muck was causing an issue :oops:

Anyway I've got a new flow sensor coming tomorrow so hopefully that cures it.

Reply to Vaillant ecotec 837 hot water problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An engineer with very good reviews came round and says it will cost 700+VAT for 'replacement expansion vessel, pressure relief valve and diverter valve on...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock