Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecotec 837 hot water problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Aire

Hi guys, currently at the above boiler with no hot water. Plate gets hot so preheat is working but when I open a hot tap nothing happens, no tap symbol or anything.

The customer did say that when they was having some ground works done and the mains was accidentally cut and a fair bit of sand and much got flushed into the system and hot water hasn't worked since.

Any ideas?

I should also add i have no signal to ring vaillant and using a public Wi-Fi hotspot to get online :oops:

Flow switch ?

If you get no tap symbol it’s not sending the flow

Managed to get a signal and ran though it with technical and they reccomended flow sensor. Which when you think about it makes sense, Shaun said, no tap symbol so it's not picking up demand is required.

I really need to get myself on a few installer courses, I did strip the flow sensor initially and tried to clean it but then spent another 2 hours stripping the diverter and cleaning the plate just in case any muck was causing an issue :oops:

Anyway I've got a new flow sensor coming tomorrow so hopefully that cures it.

Reply to Vaillant ecotec 837 hot water problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock