Discuss Urgent advice needed about hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked that there was no leak from both valves which connect to the filling loop would it be safe to remove it from the two valves or must that silver braid stay in place."Remove the braided hose (the U-shaped silver pipe that sits between the two valves)". When I disconnected it at first there was a little water sitting in the pipe not much but I drained it out.

As long as neither of the valves are dripping, it's best to leave the braided hose off. If either of them is dripping, it needs to be replaced.

Thank you I will take off the braided hose as nothing is leaking or dripping. Out of general interest what is the purpose of the braided hose, why was it in there in the first place and what's the difference when removed?

Thanks

Thank you I will take off the braided hose as nothing is leaking or dripping. Out of general interest what is the purpose of the braided hose, why was it in there in the first place and what's the difference when removed?

Thanks

It's there to allow the system to be filled or topped up. Most people are lazy and leave it there, but water regs stipulate that it should be removed when not filling or topping up the system.

I have now removed the filling loop (braided hose) how does that look and is it perfectly safe as I didn't touch the valves they are in the same position as yesterday, thanks. WIN_20161104_15_28_12_Pro.jpgWIN_20161104_15_26_45_Pro.jpgWIN_20161104_15_26_39_Pro.jpg

That's fine BobbyJoe. Do let us know whether your skin clears up! Good luck!

Have you changed your washing powder at all? I know lots of people whove had bad reactions with some types...just a suggestion as I cant see this is boiler related. If its a combi your domestic hot water is allways fresh and not out of a tank.

Hi could someone tell me which is the correct way the Heating return connection and Heating flow connection should be turned according to the picture because both of these black valves are movable (they move to the right) and I want to make sure they are in the right position thanks WIN_20161106_12_03_11_Pro.jpgWIN_20161106_12_03_17_Pro.jpg

bobby joe stop looking fro problems where there isnt one, if the tap handles are inline with the pipe they are on if the are across they are off leave them as they are they are correct

Hi could someone tell me which is the correct way the Heating return connection and Heating flow connection should be turned according to the picture because both of these black valves are movable (they move to the right) and I want to make sure they are in the right position thanks View attachment 27951View attachment 27952
Quarter turn anti clockwise open, (Levers in line of pipe). Quarter turn clockwise closed,(levers across line of pipe).
Levers in photo appear to be in open position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urgent advice needed about hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock