Search the forum,

Discuss Update to website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdog

Gas Engineer
Many Thanks for the advice of my old website
I have now had it updated and would like your thoughts as I am doing
a advertising campaign for Jan 2013 and would like your opinions...
Many Thanks
Guys & Dolls
topdog
Paul WOLFE

www.greatbritaingas.com

Looks a lot better than last time mate if I'm being picky just a few grammar mistakes nothing much

I have found a few, I have looked over this so many times and still I find mistakes (LOL)
I'am such a thicko

once satisfied our engineer will then add to you're heating system a protector (MC1).

Our engineer will then balance your radiators and bleed air out of you're heating system

Don't think I've looked at your site before now so can't say if it's better or not, but having just looked at it I can certainly say it's one of the better ones I've seen. Normally they're so cluttered you can't find what you're after and give up searching. It's nice, bright and clean looking and the navigation is simple so I reckon it's spot on.

Currently in the middle of building my site and will give you all a shout to check it out for me when I'm done. Also, noticed you're doing the 'Surestop offer' - I am myself. Get much public interest for them?

Looks good. Got loads of content. Don't know if might be better to have the phone number at the top?

Many Thanks for the advice of my old website
I have now had it updated and would like your thoughts as I am doing
a advertising campaign for Jan 2013 and would like your opinions...
Many Thanks
Guys & Dolls
topdog
Paul WOLFE

www.greatbritaingas.com

You've crammed in a lot of information and it shows.

The text below the header on the front page would balance better if was a couple of sizes smaller.

The list of links at the side of the page is just about passable, even though they are packed in tight.

The bottom of your front page is a bit of a mess - it's chunky, unbalanced, and the telephone number is too big, and that 't' looks naff.

Also, if you are going to use lower case lettering with no capitals, then be consistent and use that convention all the way though your site.

Would be better to reduce the size of the telephone number and use a symbol of a phone instead of that ugly 't', and make the text black, or use the same blue as used in your main header. That logic + sign needs squaring up, and personally I would bring it down into the gap on the left of that scan logo, and bring that blue '5 year guarantee' box into the middle to balance the lower part of your front page up.

The links down the left of your front page lead to a lot of useful information, and no doubt some people will find it interesting if it relates to what they are looking for, however, your videos are far too long and lingering, and the quality is pretty poor - it looks as if the lens on the camera needed wiping in one of them. The sound track didn't work very well on my computer - I wasn't sure whether it was music or you bringing your kit in - it was starting and stopping and sounded like bumping.

The before and after theme is good on the bathroom job, but it needs to happen more quickly. If I were you, I'd scrap the video and use a four segment static picture of 'before', which then fades to a list of the things you did ... "We took down xyz, plastered the ceiling, tiled, etc, etc ... then fade to a four segment shot of the gleaming new bathroom / kitchen, followed by a page offering free estimates (if you do them) and your phone number, also mentioning any warranties given on the work.

You've got a lot of good stuff on your website, it just needs setting out properly.

For example ...........

Attachments

• greatbritaingas jpeg.jpg
    greatbritaingas jpeg.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 99
I have now added some videos on my website:
www.greatbritaingas.com

If there are any gas engineers within my area (Cardiff + 30 mile radius) and would like to use my building services, please contact me.
Have a look at my bathroom and kitchen videos and this will show you what I can offer.

Also called out today on a Ferroli Domi compact (Thermistor Fault).

"what do you think of the pipework"

THIS IS NOT MY PIPEWORK

2012-12-20 19.20.30.jpg2012-12-20 19.20.47.jpg

Your header definitely could be better – there’s a lot of empty space around it. The word GAS is in the name, there’s no need to mention it in the very next line. Something like this should look a bit better.
gbg.jpg

Your header definitely could be better – there’s a lot of empty space around it. The word GAS is in the name, there’s no need to mention it in the very next line. Something like this should look a bit better.
View attachment 9727

Dunno why you're complaining about his banner/logo - it does the job and does it well.

Dunno why you're complaining about his banner/logo - it does the job and does it well.

I have now added some videos on my website:
www.greatbritaingas.com

If there are any gas engineers within my area (Cardiff + 30 mile radius) and would like to use my building services, please contact me.
Have a look at my bathroom and kitchen videos and this will show you what I can offer.

Also called out today on a Ferroli Domi compact (Thermistor Fault).

"what do you think of the pipework"

THIS IS NOT MY PIPEWORK

View attachment 9711View attachment 9712

Good job they ran out of flexis for the gas connection !

Looks good too me, we'll done.

my only comment would be that I'm not to keen on your punch line 'big enough to compete' that's personal preference.

Big enough to trust or something would be my choice, as it makes it sound like you have to be a certain size to be in with a chance of any work, which in this day and age isn't true, in fact a lot of the bigger companies can't compete with one man band man who is just interested in earning a wage.

Other than that I really like the style and format you have used, clear , eye catching and professional looking.

Not complaining at all. As I say - there’s a lot of empty space in the header. A bit of waste of space, that's all. The very space could be used much better. Can you see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Update to website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock