Discuss unvented cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadia69

Gas Engineer
are all unvented cylinder imersion heater bosses the same size the one i am changing is a 2inch thread also the cylinder is just over 2 years old and the 2 elements have gone already they have a sticker telling you on the stat not to adjust it is set at 60 degrees the one i changed i put it down to 50 degrees (hard water area) bearing in mind they are not that accurate plus or minus 5 degrees, these elements are incoloy and the will not change as they are out of guarantee

You need a g3 qualified engineer . Your legally prevented from working on it as it's basically a 300kg bomb.

Ask them if you can get a titanium one due to the water quality

also advise the customer they need a water softener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to unvented cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock