Discuss Unsafe Situations, What would you class these as? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I went to a job yesterday to service a boiler which went fine, I did a tightness test for good measure, found a leak and repaired. It was on the cooker; Where you connect the Flexy into the back of the cooker, some idiot had not used gas tape to seal the joint. Tut Tut

Anyway the bayonet fitting had been set upwards instead of downwards - I issued an Advice notice NCS

A section of pipework outside was not clipped correctly had wobble on it - I issued an Advice notice NCS

No earthing on the meter - I issued an Advice notice NCS

No earthing on the boiler pipework - I issued an Advice notice NCS

No emergancy contact details on the meter - I issued an Advice notice NCS

No operation details for the ECV you know yellow tape that states the how to operate it - I issued an Advice notice NCS

I dont know wether these count as ncs but I issued an advice notice anyway

Blow off not as safely terminated as i would have liked - I issued an Advice notice NCS

Condense pipe work in overflow outside and freezes sometimes the customer told me - I issued an Advice notice NCS

Ive got a visit from the gas man on the 30th of this month, because Iam on my probation period and iam just hoping ive done everything right! :S Iam worried, have I been to lenient or too tough? Ive made sure the installation is gas tight and safe Which is more than the other idiot had done when he installed their cooker, I hope ive done enough.

Iam servicing their gas fire next week and frankly Iam dreading what iam going to find! because the standard of gas work in the house is TERRIBLE!

I was told more then 2 NCS on a property not allowed

I carry labels with me and just label up rather than write out NCS. Quicker!

I was told more then 2 NCS on a property not allowed

"related" NCS can escalate an install to AR, on open flued appliances if you have one vent fault and one flue fault this stacks up to AR, however on a room sealed boiler you have 13a fuse in spur and boiler is 299mm above worktop when it should be 300mm do not stack up to AR as they are not related and one will not have an adverse effect on the other, there are millions of NCS which do not stack to make NCS, so on a room sealed appliance you could have 14 different NCS and still call the whole install NCS

lets have a competition to see how many NCS's we can get on one real install over the next few weeks and scare ourselves half to death

Cooker point bayonet AR . as it was leaking and was not fitted in a competent way.

The Look on the customers face when I handed Over the NCS paper work, her face dropped, She said "Iam not going to get prosecuted am I?" I replied "No of course not, But I might do If I dont make you aware of these issuses, your system is safe; Just not to current industry standards"

Now i was just wondering If you can Get "Concern for safety" labels, I just feel that the are more appropriate in some cases than NCS notices. I read somwhere in my bpec domestic gas safey book I think that BG uses them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unsafe Situations, What would you class these as? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock