Discuss Unsafe Situations, What would you class these as? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TFG, with reference to your initial post; to me you seem like your doing the job correctly in terms of gas safety although the blow off and condense issues for me i would just advise on the possibilities of what could happen rather than writing out a NCS (paperwork is expensive)
Keep up the good work and you'll have no problems when you get the visit!

depends where I would think ? common sense again , What's paperwork by the way lol

So you're the one responsible for the out of control deforestation lol> You don't need all that paperwork, there's no requirement to issue notices for NCS, just note on one form.
Also some of those aren't gas safety issues. Prv pipework terminating incorrectly is a matter of the building regs, you can't apply the unsafe situations procedure to it. Likewise for condensate pipework not to building regs.

You may have Terry Hughs for your gas safe visit. Nice bloke just don't issue paperwork for every NCS, he'll look at you like you have three heads.

Yeh I know the PRV & condense were really gas issuses, but i thought what the hell, cant do any harm! :)

I read somewhere that 3 Ncs works as 3 NCS but 2 AR is An ID. Quick question about purging. I serviced an appliance the other day and had to do an appliance relight, The gas pipe is under the floor and i cant access it so couldnt work out the installation volume and purge volume to purge properly. In the end i had to just use my head and try to work out how long the pipe was under the floor to work out a purge volume. Maybe i have gone over board and should have just opened the cooker untill i could smell gas. What does anyone think?

I think you should keep reading your books! Multiple NCS is only applied to flues and ventilation and AR is not ***ulative.
In a domestic situation if the gas supply is <=28mm the purge volume is 0.01m3. You don't need to calculate anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unsafe Situations, What would you class these as? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock