Search the forum,

Discuss undoing a stuck crossway check valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fourboysproduct

Hi, I have a wall mounted shower bath mixer, I managed to undo the left side check valve with mole grips but the right side even with hammering does not budge. There are two dimples on the cover.Any advice or is there a special spanner required.Thanks

Not sure what you are talking about? Any pics?

Adjustable spanner and pump pliers are up to most tasks.

mole grips will normally just churn anything to pieces

Last edited by a moderator:
Screen shot 2013-05-20 at 14.02.47.jpg
Thanks for getting back,the check valve has smooth round sides so it is getting churned up with the mole grips,
I feel the two dimples/holes must be there for a reason?

yes the two holes are for some kind of spanner id say, myself id ty some like bent circlip pliers in the hole, but make sure the'r stong ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to undoing a stuck crossway check valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Replacing bathroom towel radiator, while I‘m at it was going to change the valves for new ones, however this bottom nut is completely stuck…. Any advice for getting it off? Have tried using grips to hold still while using spanner to undo, have tried WD40, it just won’t budge 😬
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was working fine for a coupe of months however now the valve has started misbehaving which is resulting in having to turn the temperature valve round further...
Replies
Views
Hi all. My hot water feed for my shower is on the left and the cold is on the right. My understanding is that this is correct and this is also stated in the instruction manual for my valve. However when I turn the mixer clockwise cold water is coming out the shower instead of hot water. When...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock