Discuss Underfloor Heating Suggestions in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

capezz

We've just moved into a house where there is underfloor heating in the lounge. It's not a big lounge yet there are 2 x Heatmiser PRT-WTS controllers - one for the front and one for the back.

The Heatmiser controllers no longer work (Heatmiser say they're too old and I need new ones) but they did work a few months ago and the previous owners confirmed the heated flooring works.

Under the stairs is a Heatmiser receiver. And a long Pulsar Infloor 'Alpha Basis' 230V electrical device.

So, I need to buy new controllers and a receiver. Can anyone please advise which controller & receiver (not necessarily Heatmiser) would be compatible and suitable for us based on these needs:

1. we don't need the lounge to be split into 2 zones. 1 zone is OK
2. we would like wireless controllers so that I don't need to install electrical wiring
3. we don't want controllers that are operated using an app or anything which requires a wifi connection. We've had a bad experience in the past of devices didn't work when our wifi connection was weak

Thanks in advance for suggestions

There not battery eg your existing ones ?

There not battery eg your existing ones ?
Yes - existing ones are battery - have attached photos. Thanks
IMG_6879.jpg
IMG_6879.jpg
IMG_6610.jpg

Have you tried leaving the batteries out for a day and then new fresh ones in ?

Have you tried leaving the batteries out for a day and then new fresh ones in ?
Yes. I’ve tried all that. Didn’t want to bore everyone with info on how I’ve tested and re-tested the controllers but suffice to say - and Heatmiser confirmed this - they no longer work. They are unresponsive - constantly illuminated with all symbols showing. Nothing (not even letting batteries run to empty or disconnecting and reconnecting batteries) works. I’m very sure I need a new controller and perhaps receiver too.

Would really love a few suggestions as to what to buy

Thanks so much

New heat miser set up eg uh 8 rf or 4 rf depending on zones and neo v2 rf

You have a 4 port manifold so doing two rooms ?

Picture of the manifold please

Reply to Underfloor Heating Suggestions in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back