Search the forum,

Discuss NeoAir RF not turning off heating? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

All.

I hope you can help. I have an Intergas HRE 30 SB boiler (plus tank) which is driving a combination of (downstairs) UFH plus (upstairs) rads, all controlled using a combination of Heatmiser NeoStats (UFH) and NeoAir w/ RF switch (rads).

On the surface, the Heatmiser App suggests there are no problems. However, by example, the house is currently supposedly on Standby (Holiday mode) and yet the heating is quite evidently still ON. It’s causing particular problems not just because of the worry of BIG bills (to come) but also I’m having to turn off the bedroom rads just to get some sleep. The timer seems to work fine for downstairs but not those connected to the RF.

It all worked fine when originally installed but then spontaneously started this behaviour about a year ago. I keep thinking I’ve “fixed” it and then it reccurs.

What could be the problem here? I’ve added the NeoAir back as a new Stat a couple of times to see if that resolves things, but no joy. I’m presuming it’s linked to the failsafe but how can I diagnose this?

Many thanks, Steve.

I have. A few times. Just recently in fact. Then I reset it for good measure (to try to sort things, and in doing so, worked out what “mode 3” was for! (when I had no water!))

Hi Steve

I have exactly the same issue. Its driving me crazy.
All hours the heating comes on and I'm up at 2am turning off rads then getting up before 6am to get them ready to turn back on.
Tried resetting the system, boiler off, unplugged everything.
It seems to fix it for a day or two then revert to doing whatever it wants. UFH seems to be working okay though.

Did you get any further information?

Thanks Linda

Hi Steve

I have exactly the same issue. Its driving me crazy.
All hours the heating comes on and I'm up at 2am turning off rads then getting up before 6am to get them ready to turn back on.
Tried resetting the system, boiler off, unplugged everything.
It seems to fix it for a day or two then revert to doing whatever it wants. UFH seems to be working okay though.

Did you get any further information?

Thanks Linda

Hi Linda.

Sorry for late reply. I did get it working. Essentially I moved it. I think it was a comms problem. If it doesn’t have a good signal then it defaults to on (for “safety”) and I think it was doing this. I moved it out to our landing which is directly above the RF switch and it’s been much better since.

Have you tried doing this?

Thanks, Steve.

Reply to NeoAir RF not turning off heating? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock