Discuss Under Sink Hose Connection Using Washing Machine Outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Minty_Cymru

Hello all.

I'm looking to make a permanent under sink hose connection by using the washing machine cold water feed.

I've bought a Y piece that will split the feed, and now I need to buy all the hose fittings that need to go on to this. I understand that I will need to place a non return connector to avoid cold water contamination, although I would also like to place a shut of valve (tap) between the Y splitter peice and the hose connecitons.

Can anyone recommend one, or at least let me know what size/thread the washing machine connection is so I can find one that fits?

Thanks.

u probs know but you will need a 15mm compression non return valve, 15mm x 3/4 washing machine valve and a 3/4 washing machine hose

Hoselock do a non return valve which I was planning on using (not compression fit).

I just need a stop valve with the same size in & out as the washing machine tap/connector (female one side, male the other).

Just give up the idea and do it properly. The Y pieces are prone to working loose over a period and leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Under Sink Hose Connection Using Washing Machine Outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her...
Replies
Views
Hi My washing machine is 5m away from the water mains copper pipe/valve. I've currently got a long blue inlet hose connecting the washing machine...
Replies
Views
R
Hi there, Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this, my plumbing knowledge is very limited. I have a cold water feed going into cistern with...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock