Search the forum,

Discuss trying to change mixer tap rising spindle?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchy316

Hi guys. I had a job today where had to change the rising spindle on the hot tap of a bath mixer, the only problem being the screw that holds the tap head on is rounded off! I tried unscrewing the chrome body of the tap and attempting to get a set of pliers or adjustable on the thread but theres not enough clearance! Is there any way I can get the spindle off and not having to replace the whole mixer tap? Many thanks

If the screw is in from the top of the head, then you need to get it out. Either try to get a screwdriver that fits it (could try the trick of using a medium slotted screwdriver & knock the edge of the screw to slacken with a hammer) or just drill the screw head off.
An open spanner exact size may fit below cover to remove spindle or a thin adjustable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to trying to change mixer tap rising spindle?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the handle off, but for the life of me i cannot find one on this mixer. Any helpful suggestions would be greatfully received.
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock