Discuss trying to change mixer tap rising spindle?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchy316

Hi guys. I had a job today where had to change the rising spindle on the hot tap of a bath mixer, the only problem being the screw that holds the tap head on is rounded off! I tried unscrewing the chrome body of the tap and attempting to get a set of pliers or adjustable on the thread but theres not enough clearance! Is there any way I can get the spindle off and not having to replace the whole mixer tap? Many thanks

If the screw is in from the top of the head, then you need to get it out. Either try to get a screwdriver that fits it (could try the trick of using a medium slotted screwdriver & knock the edge of the screw to slacken with a hammer) or just drill the screw head off.
An open spanner exact size may fit below cover to remove spindle or a thin adjustable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to trying to change mixer tap rising spindle?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I have Charlton Mixer Tap in my shower i.e. thermostat and water control. I need to change the cartridge in the tap as it is dripping badly...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, I am trying to get into a tap to change a washer but havent a clue as to how to do it. The tap is unlike anything I've ever come across. It's...
Replies
Views
Back