Discuss TRV Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nick Ajimal

I have a TRV on a bedroom radiator and the rad works when the TRV is set to full, however if I turn it down anything below full the rad switches off altogether. The TRV is a Drayton, however I had the same problem with a Lifestyle valve which was on the same rad and I changed as I though the valve was faulty!

Not sure if the valve is on the flow or return, do I possible need to turn the valve around so that it operates the other way around (hope this makes sense!)

Sounds like valve faulty. Use a 2 way Trv, which most now are. Is it on flow or return? Check it easily by turning rad off & turn on when heating running for a while. Is room very warm when u r testing it?

Last edited:
You can recalibrate the valves quite easily. Look up the Drayton website.

Thanks both for you feedback.

It's a brand new valve and like I said the last valve on there did exactly the same thing and I changed it because I thought that it was faulty. It is bidirectional but I guess my question is does it matter which way around I fit it depending on whether it is on the flow or return? The drayton valves have the same size fixing on both the rad side and the flow/return side of the valve, therefore the valve can be fitted both vertically or horizontally. I'm wondering whether my valve is on the return and therefore requires me to fit the valve horizontally?

If a trv is situated in a warm spot,

ie, in a radiator cover or concealed by furniture or curtains, it could close down a short while after your heating comes on.

measure the room temps across the day near the radiator valve. As mentioned it could be a warm spot or covered trv for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
Rad is leaking from TRV valve, seems to be seeping out of where the pin comes up. I tried tightening up the nut below the pin, but that didn't...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock