Search the forum,

Discuss Help with Drayton Wiser hub and TRVs in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess.

I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were batteries needed forever changing with the TRVs, a TRV would log off the system regularly, and also heating rooms way past temp it should be, but now it's gone out of control...

One lounge TRV needs battery constantly changing, works for 5 mins, then stops, it's also leaked this oily substance not massively tiny amount, thought it was from the radiator itself, but it's the TRV, if I take the TRV off, that radiator may turn itself on somehow, it may not turn on, mind of its own.

The other lounge TRV was on all the time, radiator wouldn't turn off and was heating the room to 27C. I spoke to Wiser and reset all TRVs, that lounge radiator started behaving ok again, but then the one that misbehaved was the bedroom TRV, we couldn't turn that one off and was getting ridiculously hot.

Also the loft conversion radiators, two normal ones, are constantly on - doesn't matter what schedule you do, they're on. This is while the rest of the house the radiators may all be off.

While all this is happening, you look at the app and it says none of the TRVs or the normal radiators are calling for heat.

We are currently having to switch the boiler completely off at night and when we're not in, otherwise we really haven't a clue which radiators will turn themselves on, we can sometimes come back and the house is like an oven. The loft radiators I've turned off completely otherwise they'd always be on.

The installer blames Wiser, says the Vaillant boiler working fine, it's the Wiser hub that's messing around. I've spent so long on the phone to Wiser and they blame the boiler, says you need to get someone in to sort. So who can I trust is right here?

I am now at a stage of pulling the whole system out and getting a Hive or Nest and normal radiator valves.

Any help would massively be appreciated.

I have stand alone TRV heads, three diffrent makes, and all say do not use rechargeable batteries. Typically non rechargeable are 1.5 volt each, and rechargeable 1.3 volt each, and my TRV heads are designed to fail open when batteries go flat, so using rechargeable they would see voltage as batteries at end of life and open valve.

The eQ-3 batteries last just over a year, the Energenie about 2 years, always use good quality, the Kasa never changed batteries yet, only had for 6 months.

I normally change them all once a year, flat or not. The Kasa does not show battery voltage, other two do.

Reply to Help with Drayton Wiser hub and TRVs in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock