Discuss TRV pipe cold. Return pipe hot. Rad hot at top, cool at bottom. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rhubarbe

Our kitchen rad is hot at the top but quite a bit cooler at the bottom. It was very cold at the bottom until the other day when e had a heating engineer to take off the rad and blast the inside with a hosepipe to clean out the built-up gunge.

Anyway, now we have the TRV valve and pipe below it which are lukewarm - no matter what setting we have dialled in on TRV, and the return pipe is red hot.

I have taken off the top of the TRV and the valve underneath moves in and out OK but doesn't make any difference if I press it in or leave it npressed, the pipe doesn't warm up.

Am I the numpty, or the man who fitted the rad?

They rather ran out of time when they were installing and commissioning the pump. Got to be midnight... Didn't fit an ECO/BOOST switch, either.

If not set up correctly you will not be getting the optimum effiency from the heat pump, phone mitsubishi tech line and see what they think to the install

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV pipe cold. Return pipe hot. Rad hot at top, cool at bottom. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock