Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the same boat. I couldn't do a college course because of working a mixed shift pattern on nights. I have spoken with train4trades and the course is costing £5770 spread over 42 months.

I have 3 weeks to decide if the course is worth my time before I have to start paying. I'm not looking to work for a company but start as a sole trader and work for myself.

The course covers the following areas:

C&G 6129 Technical Certificates Level 2
C&G 6084 Energy Efficiency Certificate
C&G 6022-02 Copper Pipework installation
C&G 6032 Sanitary accomodation installation maintenance and design
BPEC water supply (water fiitings) Regulations 1999

As well as Practical traing assessment.

I'm dubious about these courses after reading some posts and would be interested in hearing from anyone that has done the course and got something out of it. Preferably someone who hasn't only posted once to big up the course (undercover employee of train4trades?). I'll also be getting in touch with organisations such as the PHI and IPHE.

Should have done this sooner really.....live and learn!!!

Hi i am newbe.

I did the same thing 2days ago, signed up to do the course with Train 4 Skills 47 month agreement. The Rep made it sound like the best thing since sliced bread!!!

Is Train 4 Trade Skills really what i should be doing or does someone have any suggestions????

I'm going to cancel this course as i feel i'v rushed into things to quickly.

I work fall time and cant afford not to be in work. I have been wanting to do Plumbing for a while but i want to break into the trade the right way.

Can anyone help.

hi guys

I have been on train4tradeskills plumbing course for a few months now and feel it wa the best course out there as i spent months looking into it. All i can say realy is its a stepping stone into the plumbing trade. Take your time at the studies and remember even plumbers who have been in business years are still learning you never stop.

I really want to do it and i know i can but i dont want to be stuck in a £5500 finance agreement if something was to go wrong.

I'v lost a bit of faith in the company as it seems to only have a web site and nothing else.

It's all glossey books and very gimickey.......or am i just being naturally paranoid, about such a commitment.

Its alot of money to pay out if just something as simple as night courses can get me where i need to be just as well.

If this course really is what its cracked up to be can anyone tell me of their expierience with it please?????????

Hi guys

I really want to do "a" course and i dont know weather the train 4 trade skills is going to be the best, i know can do it but i dont want to be stuck in a £5500 finance agreement if something was to go wrong.

I'v lost a bit of faith in the company as it seems to only have a web site and nothing else.

It's all glossey books and very gimickey.......or am i just being naturally paranoid, about such a commitment.

Its alot of money to pay out if just something as simple as night courses can get me where i need to be just as well.

If this course really is what its cracked up to be can anyone tell me of their expierience with it please?????????

Re: train4 trade skills new starter

Does anyone know where the training centres are?

Hi I want to be a plumber. i'm 24 and researching courses and have been doing train 4 trade plumbing course for few months. i'm doing really well in exams and enjoying it. But reading bad reviews. I thought it was guaranteed a top top after this. this course is expensive. i'm working full time at moment. after this course could I get apprentship as well as work full time if I don't get job after course as need more experience. whats my chances please or would you forget this plumbing dream. I was hoping to work for company for few weeks then go off on my own. I don't need to buy tools as I have some free with my course sois there anything else I need to know. it's sounds so easy doesn't it

Alright guys

I've also recently been looking into startin a plumbing course, i've just turned 21 and currently working in security, pretty much in the same boat as nick.

I've spoken to one of the representatives from T4TS, they seem pretty reliable but i've come across something that seems out of place already.
The fella claimed theres an extreme shortage of pumbers although this site claims otherwise - Fast Track Plumber Training - Beware

He also claims within about 14 months i'll have my NVQ lvl 3 and be a qualified plumber able to find my own work or work within a company, I'm a bit wary of this as it seems like a pretty short time in my opinion but i really have no idea anyway.

I'm really still interested in doing this, so if anyone knows anythin about T4TS and there reliability or whatsoever and could reply would be appreciated.

Regards, Marvin.

I'm also about to start a plumbing course with T4TS, although i'm beginning to have my doubts, is it a realistic course, would i be able to find decent work when i have completed the course, whether it be by myself or not and then gain my experience from there whilst still earnin a decent amount of money ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Marvin.

First stop is to always check out the reputable "proper" colleges in your area. Fair enough the 6129 can be done fulltime but these colleges often offer it part time. At the college i attend, you can do the 6129 mes tech cert full time in 6month course or you can do it 1 day a week over 2 years. During that 2 years, the college have been helping the guys without work placements to get them and then get their 6089 nvq2 running alongside..

Obviously, the real colleges aren't offering fast track courses but i know from a lot of tradesmen around here they would ONLY employ guys from a reputable college. These fast track courses are really starting to get a bad rep.

To give you an idea, i have been plumbing fulltime for 3.5 years now, im finishing off my 2nd year of college and my nvq2. I still dont feel adequatley prepared to work totally self employed......so much to learn. Anyone can put in a new tap...but what do you do if thepipes are corroded, what if the tap doesnt run water once installed, what if the pipes dont reconnect......what im saying is there is so much more to it than the basic lego type plumbing they seem to teach at some of these fast track colleges.

sorry if i've gone on but if you check over this website, theres hundreds of complaints and concerns over these fast track courses yet i find it hard to find even one regarding a proper college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock