Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone was looking for some help im due to meet the guy for train 4 skills tomorrow and after reading some off the views on this im having 2nd thoughts....I would like to know if the company is worht the money. also i will be traing towards my CITY OF GUILDS LEVEL 2 and DiPloma in plumbing and heating 6199-11. What exatley ARE these qualifications?will i be a fully qualified plumber? would i.e would i be able to fix electric showers, boilers etc etc or will it be the basics?

just noticed this as well, it says 'training towards'

And as you are in Scotland you won't get a job without an SVQ3 (NVQ3) infact you are unlikely to get a job without having done an apprenticeship i'm afraid.
Also the way things are now you will struggle to be taken on by anyone even if you do complete an apprenticeship.
Reasearch the trade well before you jump in and take the sales talk with a big pinch of salt. There are a lot of disappointed failures.

Guys this is only my opinion but here goes

Done a T4TS up to intermediate stage - cant believe people part with cash without research.

Found the course work to be good with books, 3D, links etc. However the best as mentioned is the weekend away where you meet the tutors from ATL - these guys are ex-plumbers, plumber and know there stuff. Think the problem is that the full stages to becoming a fully flethched trademan is alot different to the way they sell it. The NVQ side really needs alot of thought as it is expensive and you need to be able to fullfill the criteria. Think that T4TS can only do so much but the salesman make it sound so easy - thats their job. As on other links we only walk out with the basics or are not ready to go on to gas etc. I have completed my course and have walked out with a bit more knowledge and techniques such as bending, soldering etc. Think its quite dear and there are other ways to go.

I am just selling myself as a DIYer with plumbing qualities so cant possibly try to do work of a complex nature or too big. But can hopefully build it up a bit more as have contacts and these foruums are invaluable. Let us know how you all get on and any advice appreciated

Thanks Guys for the replys. Do you think its worth trying to get some experiance while doing the course then?

without it you wil struggle more than without, which will be a struggle anyway

Rip yer ma's, burds, aunties, mates or whoever's bathroom out and put it back together again:)

Other than that, i don't know.
If you are keen enough you may find something.

Hi
I signed up with train4trade skills a year and a half ago and have had no contact or help off them what so ever. I have recently sent a letter to them and the finance company(career finance 4 train4trade skills ltd) stating that due to being mis-sold the course and the fact that they don't have permission to use log's from company's such as BPEC, GAS SAFE, CITB etc, I won't be paying them another penny and want a full refund. I have had no reply yet but have just found out that the qualifications I am getting maybe be about to change. I am doing NVQ 6129 City and Guilds and NVQ Level 3 6089. Does anybody know if these qualifications are any good in the plumbing industry or is it changing to diploma's.

Hi
I signed up with train4trade skills a year and a half ago and have had no contact or help off them what so ever. I have recently sent a letter to them and the finance company(career finance 4 train4trade skills ltd) stating that due to being mis-sold the course and the fact that they don't have permission to use log's from company's such as BPEC, GAS SAFE, CITB etc, I won't be paying them another penny and want a full refund. I have had no reply yet but have just found out that the qualifications I am getting maybe be about to change. I am doing NVQ 6129 City and Guilds and NVQ Level 3 6089. Does anybody know if these qualifications are any good in the plumbing industry or is it changing to diploma's.

the 6129 isnt an NVQ its a tech cert (not classed as full qual) big jump from 6129 l2 to NVQ3!!! eek, your working as a plumber? because you need to be to gain the nvq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock