Search the forum,

Discuss Tradesmen referral sites in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catkin

From the customers point of view are any of the tradesmen referral sites any good? I have a few small jobs(not plumbing) need doing around the house so need to find suitable tradesmen but the impression I get from a lot of people is that only the cowboys use these sites.

Any opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a few reputable people that do but when I looked to add myself the people in my area that were on there weren't what I'd call a solid business built on good principals and values so I stayed clear. In all honesty a reliable tradesman especially handymen don't advertise heavily as word of mouth keeps them busy.

I have quite a high opinion of check-a-trade. I know some very good tradesmen that use it regularly, and the builder that has just done an excellent job on my house swears by it.

Checkatrade has been very good for me. A lot of my customers are using it exclusively to get tradesmen. So far I've only come across one not so good company. If you stick to the top rated firms you should be okay.

if it plumbing and heating your looking to get done . why not post the job up in the looking for an engineer section of the forum along with your location.

My boss is on Trust-a-trader and we get quite a lot of work from it.
The customer can leave a review and Trust-a-trader will make random calls to customers to make sure that they are satisfied with your service. If you get a few complaints and you're kicked off the site. There are only about 6 spaces per trade and there is a 3 year waiting list to get on the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tradesmen referral sites in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Following on from my question about monitoring F & R temperatures, I needed a measuring device because the overheat stat. frequently trips and...
Replies
Views
I am planning on replacing a standard radiator with a designer style vertical radiator in anthracite. I will need a high output of 6000BTU plus...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
Scott Jenkins Water Softeners Ltd is a fast growing family run business that covers all aspects of Water Softeners and Drinking Water Systems...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock