Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator Recommendations in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am planning on replacing a standard radiator with a designer style vertical radiator in anthracite. I will need a high output of 6000BTU plus.

I have researched online and I am struggling to find any consensus on what is a quality radiator brand to select from. I’m not necessarily looking for top of the range but good value and quality. There is a shortage of reviews other than from sites trying to sell a particular brand or Amazon, who’s reviews I always take with a pinch of salt.

I am looking for any unbiased recommendations, preferably with reasons, or alternatively brands to avoid. Thanks

Are you doing the work yourself?
No, I'll be bringing someone in to do it. Obviously I will listen to their advice but wanted to have an idea of what I was looking for before doing so. The cheapest quote may not be the best if I am being offered an inferior radiator with potential problems down the line.

Vertical rads can be a bit hit and miss.
I don't think I've ever had one not work but they can be slow to get up to temp.
Some come with baffles internally and require fitting in the correct orientation and these will likely work best.
Some must have very small openings internally and this is likely why they are a bit slow to get going (but fine once they do)
I usually give an output to customer and have them source their own but if I was to buy I'd get from a reputable radiator maker - the type with a dedicated website and a glossy pdf/brochure with all the specs.
They tend to be a fair bit more expensive and a cheap one will probably do just as well.

They are all a PITA to fit (especially if they have different top and bottom brackets😡)

Reply to Radiator Recommendations in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock