Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet pan fixings - What type of screws please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi,

Looking at replacing a toilet pan, the old screws are rusted solid, could anyone recommend a particular type of screw to replace please , it will be fitting into floor board (s).

Regards

Used to use brass screws, but these come with slotted heads. Now use stainless steel.
Essential to screw into properly sized pilot holes otherwise heads will shear. Always wrap shank in PTFE tape or similar to cushion against ceramics. Supplement with silicone bedding.

Concrete floor or wooden floor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet pan fixings - What type of screws please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I tried to install a new toilet seat and I’m stuck in a process where I couldn’t loosen or tighten the screw. I also tried rotating the screw in both ways but that’s just a endless process and it wouldn’t come off. It’s a in wall built toilet so I could only stick my hand underneath a bit and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector, but it hasn't done anything to fix the leak (and has cost us over £200). The plumber has told us that it can't be fixed due to the height of the old...
Replies
Views
Where to source this type of toilet seat from ? Does anyone know where to source one of these nowadays, been advised it's about 35 years old now and was a french type one. Are the obsolete now, and only top or bottom connection fixings exist or are they source from a website possibly.? Any...
Replies
Views
hi one of the screws holding my toilet pan to the floor has broken when trying to remove it , there is only about half an inch showing , i have tried using pliers and pulling it while trying to turn it anticlockwise but no joy , the floor is tiled , appreciate any help/advice . thanks .
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to fail across the top of the pan and if you put a bit of weight on it it opens up by about 5mm. They've been in use (light use 4 toilets in a holiday...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock