Discuss Toilet cistern won't fill up and when adjust it manually it won't stop filling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The torbeck style inlet valve pictured has a flow restrictor fitted at bottom and you will probably find that it is blocked

If I were you I'd just remove your one and just fit a fluid master.

So, many posts on such a simple matter, I feel the need to join in.

Change the inlet valve, with either fluid master or torbek.

I prefer fluidmaster pro, I like the brass shank, saves me cross threading the thing!

The torbeck style inlet valve pictured has a flow restrictor fitted at bottom and you will probably find that it is blocked
I agree best to replace it with new one for all the time/cost it will take, i was just explaining what the most probable cause might be

As said replace that valve they are terrible. Stopped using roar becks a few years back after having problems so wouldnt recommend them. Fluid-master will serve you and your re filling cistern requirements just right !

Thanks to all, fluidmaster ordered, received and now fitted and we have a flushing cistern once again.
Just hope I have as much like with my other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet cistern won't fill up and when adjust it manually it won't stop filling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, My tenant toilet has just started to fill up really slow, he has said it takes 20mins to fill the tank, what could be the issue? He...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low...
Replies
Views
Toilet continuously flushing/cistern filling. This happens regardless of what else is going on within the house (videos were taken before and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I fix what I can around the house myself and have fixed a few toilets but I need help with this one. This toilet keeps running and stopping...
Replies
Views
Hi I've seen a few threads with similar issues to mine, but none are exact. My conceala 2 cistern flushes fine, fills up and stops. But then it...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back