Discuss Timer for an Ideal Logic plus 30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikeonfreeserve

We're about to have an Ideal Logic plus 30 combi installed and would like a timer which can cope with holidays. Are we stuck with an Ideal timer wired or wireless, or can we use one from a different maker. We would like a big display preferably backlit. Have any of you any recommendations for timers that work well with the boiler?

We ahve looked around at feedback on boilers and this has been recommended although we have seen that older Ideals are not supposed to be very good. But this new range seems to be better. Any feedback gratefully received.

Stay clear of manufacturers RF personally....
Honywell 7 day RF .. not sure of the model but they're the "Muttsnuts" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Drayton rf 701
Can do anything really and very easy to install!!

Thanks Diamondgas and Jefjaz. Are these timers a standard fitting?

If you mean hard wired the n ye most manifacturers offer the alterntative,,,,

The drayton is 3 wire Into the plate for power and two wire for switching which goes into the left hand Side of the logic! I fit many logics with the 701
There Is a Drayton 2rf which is slightly cheaper but doesn't give different times for the weekends!
Also these are not backlit
The Honeywell cm927 is however backlit and is a good piece of kit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Timer for an Ideal Logic plus 30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock