Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Tightness test i showing its all gas tight but gas sniffer is beeping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gas2015

I've just fitted a gas job, I've used a female compression elbow and copper pipe, I've used jointing compound to seal the threaded joints, I've done a gas tightness test after it was finished, it doesn't move at all but when I place my kane gld 450 plus gas sniffer it's beeping quite alot with just the Amber light flashing but the sound does change from a normal mode? What should I do before I leave?

any advice is much needed, thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong forum alas!

However if you are gas safe get yourself registered for the correct forum. If you're not then I suggest you turn off the gas at the meter and call the emergency number 0800 111999.

Wrong area of forum....

Gas sniffers can be known to pick up the fumes/smell off LDF, so don't know if you have used that.

Also. Why use a gas sniffer if it is completely gas tight bud?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there gas2015 and a big welcome to the UKPF, unfortunately we can't advise when it comes to gas until you get your post count to 10 and pm gasman or redsaw your gsr details to gain access to the private gsr forum,
What I can say is if your unsure then follow safety procedures on the meter, if the leak is before the ECV then phone the number on the meter to have it repaired,
Is there a smell of gas ?
Re check and re test, make sure batteries are ok ,
Make sure instalation is left safe,

Found the problem, the batteries needed changing in the gas sniffer. Cheers

Well done, if u get your post count to 10 like I said and private message gasman or redsaw then you'll be issued a yellow badge to gain access to private gas forum which is a great fountain of knowledge

Going to close the thread here Gas2015. As said, get your post count up then apply for the private forum.

And the Kane fairy wan lies. You can set it off just by breathing on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tightness test i showing its all gas tight but gas sniffer is beeping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock