Search the forum,

Discuss Tiger Loop Full Up? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stoneruk

Hi all, went to turn my OFCH on and it didn't fire up. Had a look in boiler house and noticed the Tiger Loop was filled right to the top. I can remember looking at it before and there was only a small amount of oil in the bottom, but now it is filled to the top.
With another look at it, it seems as if there's water in it?

Any ideas?

EDIT:: Just been informed by the mrs that the cover for the oil tank had been left open when it was raining! Where do i go from here?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
to the bank my friend.
dont know it all will advise how much to withdraw

You could get the water removed from oil tank, but water & maybe some corrosion will be in oil pipe , filter, fittings, oil hoses, tiger loop, oil pump, nozzle & rest of burner. Salvage what you can, sometimes you can get away with not much damage. Tigerloop will be a curse to do much with. Should mention that water & corroded iron etc, inside copper oil lines can rot the copper! So worth changing oil lines if in doubt.

Last edited:
dontknowitall will put you in the right direction or one of the other oil guys, while you nip to the bank.lol.

good idea to post whereabouts you are though in the meantime.

Does anyone have any idea why the Tigerloop would be filled to the top? Like i said before i've noticed it when running smoothly and there was only a little bit of oil in the bottom of it.

So i drained some of the oil out of the tank and luckily there is definitely no water in it.

But the burner will not fire up, it goes through the motions and the odd time even fires up for a few seconds, but then cuts out again.

The Markings on it are Sterling electro oil, Bentone TF832.3

http://i.*********/xrQRK.jpg

You can see that! Best get an engineer over and have it properly checked over. IMHO

I was waiting for other oily guys but seems like no one's around.

To be honest I'm not sure about the tiger loop but as said above, it's probably best to call your local oil chappie. The locking out could be one of a few things, from faulty pump, solenoid, photocell, being flooded with oil, dirty nozzle, etc.

Often a service will get the old boy going again (especially if it's a dirty nozzle). When you phone for someone, tell them about the firing for a few seconds, etc.

It looks a mess. The tigerloop may be faulty, as it is full of oil, but it can be drained & refilled to test. They are recommended to be replaced after 10 years. Tigerloops are not expensive. It is supposed to be fitted outside, or a vented to outside Bio Tigerloop fitted inside. Needs a remote fire valve if there is none. I would be more worried about the general state of the boiler, burner & the wiring. Boiler house & boiler should be raised above the level of ground. It has been badly done & neglected, but guess that's obvious. You need minimum, a full service, nozzle,2 oil hoses & probably a proper fire valve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tiger Loop Full Up? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock