Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic angled valve question? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jessiethecat

Hi all,
I've purchased some Valves online and they've come with a brass washer I'm just wondering which side the washers go in. The washer does come apart and one side is larger than the other.
ive attached a picture if that's any help.
thanks Jessie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 24
8 or 10mm reducers?
The largest part fits in pipe to the valve, if required, not on the radiator side.

Last edited:
Hi Jessie, those 'washers' are reducing sets and go in the bottom of the valve if your pipes are 10mm. If your pipes are 15mm you can discard them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostatic angled valve question? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was working fine for a coupe of months however now the valve has started misbehaving which is resulting in having to turn the temperature valve round further...
Replies
Views
Hi all. My hot water feed for my shower is on the left and the cold is on the right. My understanding is that this is correct and this is also stated in the instruction manual for my valve. However when I turn the mixer clockwise cold water is coming out the shower instead of hot water. When...
Replies
Views
I have NuHeat UFH system, and this has no Thermostatic Blending valve on the heating circuit. (Heat Master II cylinder has pick up coil) Nu-Heat System installed - This means I can't run store above 60C due to risk of overheating UFH pipes. I want to add a Thermostatic Mixing valve so have...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope this is the correct place to ask this. I've been given a bunch of smart TRV's to put on my radiators at home. Mostly they've gone on fine (to these valves) but 2 of my radiators have the manual valves shown in this image: My question is, can I just remove that core and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock