Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Thermal store - very low hot water pressure. Help/ideas in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. S2Smith

S2Smith New Member

Very low (trickle) hot water pressure at outlets. Albion mainsflow indirect cylinder. Help and ideas please!

2. moonlight

moonlight Plumber GSR

I have had one similar issue. Had been heated by solar, coil scaled up inside. I disconnected mixing valve, added an elbow and a length of copper to the top section of the coil and kept pouring in a strong lime scale remover. It was so bad it took me several hours. I did plug the bottom for a while to give it chance to eat away the scale. The only other option new cylinder.
    One question though did you try just adjusting the valve to only have cold through? if you have full flow cold through, there is your answer.

good luck.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  3. S2Smith

S2Smith New Member

I haven't as yet tried that...what will this determine?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  4. S2Smith

S2Smith New Member

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Get someone who is g3 qualified out eg unvented they should know what there doing

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Thermal store or unvented????

7. S2Smith

S2Smith New Member

Thermal store

8. moonlight

moonlight Plumber GSR

Don't need G3 for thermal store.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

No but I wouldn’t suggest messing with something the op doesn’t know / fully understand

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Far better to practise 'safe extraction' these days...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Should have an inlet filter , blockage at or near blender ? Do you live in an area prone to scale ?