Discuss The dreaded alkathene in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Or one of these?

990E21DC-9782-4D48-AC3A-0221AACF5EEF.png

Looks like a philimac type fitting , one blew off on Friday night so I am not keen on using one , ok a rarity I know .

Are you saying that one of these:

20mm MDPE x 15mm Speedfit/Copper Pushfit Adaptor

is no good because your 20mm Alkathene is really the old imperial stuff? If so, I think that 'Polygrip' is the brand you want. See for example:

Philmac & Polygrip Pipe Fittings - R J Pryce - Plumbing, Builders Merchant & Ironmongery

who seems to have a big range.

Last edited:
This any good to you Town
ehup peeps , anybody know where I can get hold of a mains alkathene fitting to copper and liner .
No local merchants stock them the last one I needed got posted from Northern Island , but it was years ago .
Had a quick look on BES and cant find any.
Down to a bad experience with a philimac type fitting I am reluctant to use another but realise I may have to .
Thanks in advance
RJ pryces in lowestoft they will have one do online bud I bought one recently , and the 3/4" as well to make sure got that on the van only other fitting I have is a 1/2" gunmetal stopcock brand new has 20 on the nut welcome to that if it gets you out of a muddle PM me cheers. kop

15487954910399070644942635641894.jpg

Last edited:
This any good to you Town

RJ pryces in lowestoft they will have one do online bud I bought one recently , and the 3/4" as well to make sure got that on the van only other fitting I have is a 1/2" gunmetal stopcock brand new has 20 on the nut welcome to that if it gets you out of a muddle PM me cheers. kop

View attachment 36682
I was thinking about the same brand though. Perhaps there is something on here Wade Imperial Copper Pipe Fittings - R J Pryce - Plumbing, Builders Merchant & Ironmongery

I have some ‘new’ fittings and inserts (been new left over spares had for years) and will take a look tomorrow for you.
If I have it, I can post you it.

Reply to The dreaded alkathene in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock