Discuss The dreaded alkathene in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

22mm coupling and a imperial olive

Or one of these?

990E21DC-9782-4D48-AC3A-0221AACF5EEF.png

Looks like a philimac type fitting , one blew off on Friday night so I am not keen on using one , ok a rarity I know .

Are you saying that one of these:

20mm MDPE x 15mm Speedfit/Copper Pushfit Adaptor

is no good because your 20mm Alkathene is really the old imperial stuff? If so, I think that 'Polygrip' is the brand you want. See for example:

Philmac & Polygrip Pipe Fittings - R J Pryce - Plumbing, Builders Merchant & Ironmongery

who seems to have a big range.

Last edited:

Reply to The dreaded alkathene in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with an old stopcock (40 years?) fitted on the old alkathene supply pipe. This is in a property owned by an elderly friend and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a homeowner looking for advice. The mains water comes into our property via the downstairs cloakroom. House was built late 1970s...
Replies
Views
Hello, One for the oldies with bad knees. 1960's house- my (soldered) stopcock was in a bad way- passing water, leaking from gland and almost...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've only just registered on this forum and hope there is someone out there that can help. I've just dismantled an old kitchen in our house...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock