Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss That free magnetic filter ray gave me to try Altecnic dirtmag in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

Altecnic Dirtmag IQ Filter 22mm | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies

been a while since that filter arrived, but popped it on at last last week. Fitting it was a doddle, valves seem fine, after all nothing can be worse than the magna clean ones.
easy to use to dose the system with cleanser, everything seemed reasonable quality. My only issue, and its a big one is that its a magnetic filter and those little lumps on the external ring lead me to believe it wont be as effective as other makes. Also the plastic mesh inside is a little worry as its a bit heath robinsonish, liable to clog?

Anyhow back next week to flush through and add cleanser and see if its doing its job.

In all honesty, I wont be buying one myself and I didn't charge the custard either as I wasn't sure of its efficacy . I use the intaklean or screwfix nononsense filters for budget jobs [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/intaklean-magnetic-filter-22mm.html"]Intaklean Magnetic Filter 22mm | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies[/DLMURL] or magnacleans for those with pennies. I've yet to try the one hwos flog which featured in the forum chat a while back, it has all the bells n whistles inc swirly bits etc but it looks ok.

Hope this satisfys Rays request for feedback :)

If its in the wrong spot please move it along oh great mods :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to That free magnetic filter ray gave me to try Altecnic dirtmag in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
R
Hi All Permit me to introduce you to the the Johnson Magnetic Filter. Designed and built in the UK by registered gas engineer Neil Johnson, from...
Replies
Views
smtplumbing
S
O
IntaKlean Magnetic Filter - Williams & Co I got this off Roy and fitted it a while ago, I was going to do a video of it been fitted but never got...
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
R
Part 2 of the Christmas freebies as promised. Rules are the same as on this thread Plumbers arms members only - people who have received a...
Replies
Views
greyhound
G
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock